City of Kelowna Agricultural Plan
The City of Kelowna’s Agriculture Plan Update is a strategy and policy framework document which considers agriculture within this current context and attempts to identify and anticipate future changes and challenges. The development of the Agriculture Plan is an important opportunity for the City of Kelowna and the agricultural sector to work towards the following goals:
1. Develop clear policies that serve to protect and promote agriculture;
2. Identify opportunities to strengthen farming as an economic driver;
3. Increase the amount of, and access to, locally grown and produced food;
4. Promote and celebrate the agricultural character of Kelowna;
5. Build resilience in communities against rising costs of food and risks from climate change.